How to do a research paper
Throughout the school year students are assigned various research assignments on a variety of topics. The links below can help students get started in writing research papers and can use students links to learn about basic research steps, tips, and much more!
- Citation Worksheet – shows you examples of different citations, how to do the works cited page, and how to do in-text citations.
- MLA Style Guide Citation Worksheet (PDF)– helps you correctly cite your sources in MLA format.
- Citation Machine – helps you check the MLA format of your bibliographical citaitons.
- NoodleTools – an online way to organize your research. You must create a free account.
- Purdue OWL– a complete, online MLA guide that helps you cite sources both parenthetical (in-text) and bibliographical (works cited).
- CRLS Research Guide
- Website evaluation rubric: WebEvalRubric
Organizing your work
Keep track of all that you’ve done by using these documents. Download them and save them to your account, then use them to type up all of your research. You only need to print them out when you’re completely done.
Source and Citation Organizer– keep track of the quotes and facts you find in each of your sources
Research Paper Outline Graphic Organizer– outline your paper and insert your research into each section